Tuesday, April 12, 2011

NOW a loose shoe! Kirstie Alley once again falls victim to disaster on Dancing With The Stars(Gallery Video)

She took a tumble on the dance-floor last week, and this week Kirstie Alley once again fell victim to another dancing disaster.
The 60-year-old former Cheers actress nearly lost her stiletto as she was halfway through a waltz with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy on Dancing With The Stars last night.
The footwear fail came after
The incident occurred during the reality show's classical week while Kirstie and Maksim were dancing under rose petals.
Kirstie attempted to fasten the shoe while a befuddled Maksim slowly circled her.
After being pulled back up to her feet, the actress applied her 'let the show go on' mantra and finished all of her steps.









Judge Carrie Ann Inaba dubbed the actress the 'queen of unexpected mishaps'.
'I saw you tuck most of it back in, and you didn't miss a beat,' she said. 'But this one was kind of strange I felt like you weren't in the number like you were waiting for it to be over.
'Then oddly, when the shoe fell off and you put it back on, you had so much more joy when you were dancing.'
Fellow judge Len Goodman said the duo's efforts were suffice, but Kirstie needed to improve to stay in the game.
But Bruno Tonioli thought Kirstie's performance was brilliant.
'In spite of what happened you did a fantastic performance, I'm proud.'
The duo still ended up scoring 22 points despite the disaster
Following the gaff, a frustrated Alley told host Brooke Burke she was perplexed by the disaster especially after last week's near-dangerous spill.
'I have to change something, I mean whose shoe comes off when they're dancing? This is just not right,' she said.
'It's funny but it's not right. Look at me, I'm supposed to be acting like a swan and I'm putting my shoes on!'
And embarrassing the funnywoman further, Burke told her that the wardrobe malfunction was a first in the reality show's history.
Ahead of the live performance, Kirstie had been struck down with pain after receiving a hip injury during rehearsals that brought her to tears.
She joked to Chmerkovskiy: 'We came, we fell, we conquered. And now we have a new chance to redeem our sorry selves.'
But after hurting her hip muscle, she became annoyed: 'It as incredibly painful, like lightning bolts.
'It just took me by surprise. It p****s me off when pain stops me from doing what I want to do.
'I don't want a damn freakin' grandma dance, I want the same dance choreographed for me as someone who is 25.
'If it kills me and screws the whole damn thing I really don't care. I'm not going to die from this so I'll just keep going.'
Contestants on last night's show were required to performed either the paso doble, waltz or Viennese waltz.
Rapper Romeo and partner Chelsie Hightower got a standing ovation after scoring 23 with their sexy paso doble.
Judge Goodman said it was: 'Full of passion, attack and intensity.'
Tonioli added: 'It was focused, powerful, action-packed and six-packed! You've got the look of a rising star.'
Inaba said: 'First time I've ever seen a paso with 'swagga'.'
Reality TV star Kendra Wilkinson and partner Louis Van Amstel were next up with their Viennese waltz which they danced to the stunning warbles of Welsh beauty Katherine Jenkins.
And while the 25-year-old got a standing ovation, Tonioli told her she messed it up technically: 'It's just so beautiful I can't bear to see it killed,' he said.
But Kendra talked back to the flamboyant judge: 'Well if I'd had more than four days to practice I would. I'd be there.'
Inaba said: 'I can see you're trying really hard. But elegance is not so different than sexy.It's like you're afraid of it. You have that but you look like you're holding back. You should have more confidence.'
In contrast, surprisingly Goodman was on Kendra's side, telling Tonioli he had forgotten she was a ballroom beginner.
'Don't be cruel,' he said.
The duo scored a disappointing 18, placing them bottom of the scoreboard.
To prepare for the Viennese waltz, boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard was taken along to ballet class by partner Ana Trebunskaya.
And it clearly paid off as all three judges were delighted with his performance.
Inanba said the 54-year-old former pro-athlete had sparkle: 'I absolutely fell in love with that dance and both of you.'
Goodman was similarly impressed: 'The more I got into it the more I smile and realised as much as technique and performance is important, so is entertainment and I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish.'
The couple received a score of 21.
After topping the charts last week, supermodel Petra Nemcova and partner Dmitry Chaplin went out of their tame comfort zone character with a fiery paso doble.
The finale of the sexy strut saw Chaplin stripping off Petra's red satin skirt, leaving her lying on the floor scantily dressed.
Tonioli told her she was a 'femme fatale', while Inaba raved: 'It was absolutely gorgeous, it was powerful, passionate, it's a brand new Petra!'
All three judges awarded the duo with a total of 23.
Karate Kid star Ralph Macchio and his partner Karina Smirnoff settled on a sensual waltz to the romantic theme song of Romeo and Juliet.
Tonioli thought the performance was 'totally heartfelt' while Inaba said 'I was swept in and carried through the story.'
The two scored 25, a coup for the duo who had been receiving low scores for the last few weeks.
NFL star Heinz Ward and his partner Australian dancer Kym Johnson delivered with another solid performance with their sizzling paso doble.
Goodman said: 'You are the most determined of all our celebrities. You come out each week and give 100 per cent. You're really doing great.'
Tonioli said it was 'truly explosive' and the couple scored 25.
Disney star Chelsea Kane and partner Mark Ballas danced to a contemporary, Harry Potter themed Viennese waltz, which came with mixed reviews from the judges.
Goodman said: 'Chelsea you are a fantastic dancer, so why is it that every time I see you there's something that I don't like that jars me?'
'This is the Viennese waltz - it's 300 years old and the most traditional of all ballroom dances. I don't care if she's 22, her job at 2 is to interpret a dance that is 300 years old.'
But Tonioli disagreed and said it was 'magical and bewitching'.
Their now trademark quirky style did however pay off, as they scored the highest amount of points with a 26.
To end the show, WWE star Chris Jericho and partner Cheryl Burke gave a dramatic Garden of Eden themed paso doble to once again mixed reviews.
'This was majestic!' said Tonioli.
But Goodman didn't agree: 'The music conquered you - you didn't conquer the music. ' he said.
The two received a healthy score of 23.
Tomorrow, the final couples will find out who is eliminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment