Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlie Sheen: I Want $3 Million an Episode

Insisting he's "not angry … I'm passionate," Charlie Sheen is demanding a public apology from CBS, as well as a 50 percent pay hike – to $3 million per episode – after the "psychological damage" he claims the network and his Two and a Half Men producer Chuck Lorre have caused him.
"Look what they put me through," said the actor, who also had choice words about Alcoholics Anonymous, whose group handbook, by Bill W., he called "a silly book written by a broken-down fool."
As for his professional situation, "I'm underpaid … when you look at they money [the producers] are making," said Sheen, 45, adding that he is "tired of pretending I'm not special."
Losing, he told Monday's Today show – one of two interviews he gave to CBS's rivals NBC and ABC on Monday – is not an option.
Preparing for battle and putting his enemies on notice, Sheen told Good Morning America of his drug-taking days, which he says are over: "I'm different. I just have a different constitution. I have a different brain. I have a different heart. Dying's for fools. There's certain blends I will not entertain, because that's how people go down. I'm too smart to do that. I'm sorry for the guys that happened to, but you know, you should have read the directions before showing up at the party, you know?"
To Today, he described himself as having "Adonis's DNA" and "tiger's blood" in his veins.
Neither representatives for CBS nor Chuck Lorre have responded to requests for comment.
And the public? Sheen said he's not sure people will be ready to deal with his passion for his work. To those who think past incidents would lead them to believe he is violent toward women, Sheen says, "They don't know me."
Both Today and GMA asked Sheen, who says he underwent private rehab at home, if he is now on drugs. As he told the latter, "Yeah, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen! It's not available, because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off, and your children will weep over your exploded body. … I woke up and decided, you know, I've been kicked around, I've been criticized. I've been this 'Aww, shucks' guy with this bitchin' rock-star life, and I'm finally going to completely embrace it, wrap both arms around it and love it violently. And defend it violently through violent hatred."
Sheen also told both shows, practically word for word, when asked if he feared a relapse, "I'm not going to. Period. The end. I blinked and I cured my brain."

No comments:

Post a Comment