Friday, February 18, 2011

Unknown: Review By Kazuma731

"They had me convinced that I was crazy. But when they came to take me I knew."
I was really looking forward to Unknown because it's a Liam Neeson action film. And I absolutely enjoyed Taken, and I thought this was going to be the exact same thing. But I got something else. Now this film is not perfect there are some flaws with the films but are very easily forgiven. Now Liam Neeson yet again gives a fantastic performance, and he is always a likeable character someone you can connect with and root for.
The big problem I have with this film is that it is very formulaic. Also the trailer pretty much spoiled the film in one line "There is no Martin Harris, he doesn't exist!" although there are several other plot twists, that were very cliche but didn't expect. Also the film is very very slow, this movie is just to long, there are some very unnecessary scenes in this film that are just pointless and do not reflect on the film's plot. Also there are some minor nit-picks that i won't go into.
The acting in this film was great. Liam Neeson is still badass and a very capable actor. Diane Kruger did a fantastic job with her character to, she was a very likeable character. January Jones was the weakest of all the performances, she pretty much brought down my enjoyment of the film. But nonetheless, the rest of the acting was very good.
The direction of the film was just amazing, there are some very great shots of Berlin. Also the action sequences weren't shaky cam, one thing I was very worried about. And the car chase scenes were directed efficiently and properly. Also props to the editor because he cut from one scene to another, very well, i must say.
The visuals were nothing groundbreaking but still pretty good. I honestly was expecting more action but when it arrived, it delivered. My only complaint with the visual effects are that some of them were way to cheesy and obviously green-screen there's one scene in particular where a hotel blows up and the visuals are just so fake-looking and laughable.
Overall, I really enjoyed Unknown it was better than most of the films that have been released recently. Also the best of all films this weekend, I mean Big Momma's 3 blew, I Am Number Four, was decent but pretty much crap. It is a great time guaranteed and it is filled with action.

No comments:

Post a Comment