Monday, May 23, 2011

'DWTS' Chelsea Kane: 'This will be my first trophy!'

Just saying, fans of Kirstie Alley and Hines Ward: Chelsea Kane has never won squat, so she wouldn’t mind taking home that mirror trophy during Tuesday’s final of Dancing with the Stars. ”This would be the first thing I’ve ever won,” the actress told reporters after Monday’s show. “Kirstie and Hines have won Emmys and Super Bowls. This will be my first trophy if I take it home! I’ll dedicate it to the whole room.”
But were her two dances on Monday strong enough to warrant a first place win? SPOILER ALERT! Don’t go to jump if you haven’t watched her perform.

Kane’s freestyle looked crazy difficult, but the problems with her battery pack were just crazy. Not long after she took the stage with Ballas to perform her final dance Monday, a battery pack that was supposed to power the lights in her costume dropped down her pant leg and hung from the hem while she bounced around the floor.
Remarkably, Kane muddled through — and got a perfect 30 because of it (that’s after her samba earned a 29 earlier in the night). ”That dance almost killed me so to come out with that score was really awesome.” she told reporters after the show. “My battery pack fell off after the very first kick. I wasn’t thinking about the lights as much as that thing flying out and knocking Mark. The dress rehearsal of this dance was pretty much a disaster. We can laugh about it now, but I fell out of almost all of the lifts. Are we doing that thing where you choke in the finals? I thought that was it. Nine weeks of rehearsals and we blow it at the end.”
Did she think Ballas’ freestyle was over the top? “There is no such thing as crazy anymore. Any idea now, you go `yeah, yeah, that sounds like a great idea! You want me to flip upside down and fly around with the Bionic Woman cords all around my legs?’ The farther and farther you get in the competition, the phrase less is more doesn’t exist anywhere here. I’ve forgotten how to do the simplest thing. Everything is so amplified now.”
As for life after DWTS, Kane says she’s had “a couple of offers” — including a film – but said she wants to make sure her next project is appropriate for her fans. “I need to find the right project so they can come with me,” she said. For now, though, her focus remains on snagging that first-ever trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment